Things to see and do in the Comox Valley
Indulge in the suprising delights of Courtenay and the Comox Valley - from high end shopping, funky art galleries, a vibrant live music scene, and great dining - to top rated golf, endless beaches and walking paths, biking and hiking trails set in stunning natural eco-systems. Great skiing and boarding at Mount Washington and more....all within minutes of your home base at La Pause Vacation Rental Suite.
Vancouver Island has been selected best Island in North America for the 6th consecutive year by Conde Nast Traveller magazine.
The Comox Valley is one of the most diverse and intriguing regions to explore on Vancouver Island. The Valley is rich to overflowing with opportunities to experience nature. Enjoy first rate recreational and cultural activities - and appreciate a unique urbanity, at an unhurried pace, in a spectacular natural setting.
A sample of the Comox Valley's offerings you can enjoy from your home base at La Pause Vacation Rental -
- Exceptional skiing and boarding at Mount Washington Alpine Resort
- Long uncrowded beaches
- Hiking in well developed mountain or meadow trails - offering stunning mountain or ocean views
- Boating, kayaking, diving, fishing
- Whale watching, big game watching
- An eclectic and charming mix of eateries and fine dining
- Live music - from great gigs at the Waverly in Cumberland to Vancouver Island's biggest music event: MUSICFEST
- Golf at your choice of 7 courses
- Art galleries and artists - the Valley is blessed with an overabundance
- Rich birding viewing
- Festivals - more than 50 each year
- Rich farmland, offering bountiful organic produce at weekly markets or at your table
- And don't forget to browse The Creekside Gallery located right at La Pause Vacation Rental - featuring fine art photographs by David Innes